HFFS has worked to establish an extensive network of partnerships with numerous agencies, services groups, churches and businesses in the Tri-Cities area. These partnerships are relied upon in the management of our current operations. The partnerships include:
• Coquitlam RCMP Detachment
We enjoy a long term and positive relationship with local law enforcement. Coquitlam RCMP meet with us on occasion to discuss matters of mutual interest where clients are known to both our workers and the detachment. We value their support in our work in the homeless community and we have been invited to represent ourselves in a few of the detachment’s pre-shift briefings.
Local law enforcement understands that we are an organization best categorized as a benefit to the community.
• Referring agencies who frequently refer clients to us: Lookout Society, Salvation Army (Bridge House, Harbour Light, Caring Place, Belkin House), New View Society, Tri-Cities Corrections, North Fraser Pretrial (NFP), Tri-Cities Mental Health
• Food Banks: Langley Food Bank, Grace Church Food Bank, Trinity United Church Food Bank
• Many area churches including Coquitlam Alliance Church, Northside Foursquare Church, Christian Life Assembly and Rainbow Community Church
• Job, education and training providers including Higher Ground Wellness Society’s “Stand Firm” life skills program
• Share Community Services(Port Moody)
• Treatment centers (both residential and “28 day intensive”) that we often acceptclients from, or refer clients to, depending on the circumstances.
o Together We Can (TWC) – referral/referring agency
o Last Door Society – referral/referring agency
o Kinghaven – referral/referring agency
o Maple Ridge Treatment Center – referral/referring agency
o Vision Quest – referral/referring agency
o Crossroads Treatment Center- referral/referring agency
o Round Lake – referral/referring agency
o Pacifica – referral/referring agency
• Service Clubs including Soroptomists Club of Tri-Cities, Rotary Club and Lions Clubs of Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam
• Safeway Pharmacy – Pharmaceuticals: supply, support, medication information and support with the dispensing and disposal of medication